Top 10 most egregious instances of looting.
10. Gas stations charging four dollars a gallon in anticipation of higher oil prices.
9. Enron, Tyco, Worldcom, Adelphia, Arthur Andersen, Global Crossing, etc.
8. Pharmaceutical interests' authorship of the Medicare prescription drug "benefit."
7. The invasion of Iraq.
6. Taking 365 vacation days for every four years in office.
5. The energy bill.
4. No-bid, cost-plus contracts for Halliburton.
3. Record quarterly profits for the petroleum industry while we wage two wars.
2. The 2000 and 2004 elections.
1. Trickle-down effect: reallocating funds for New Orleans levee repair to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy.