Bush for President!
Why Bush should be Iraq's President.
• The United States is already on Bush autopilot; his agenda is safe in the hands of Dick Cheney, who wrote a lot of the playbook anyway.Thanks to the LAtimes
• Karl Rove is getting bored and needs a real challenge, and Iraqi campaigning makes the rhetorical phrase "political bloodletting" real.
• Bush could wear his "mission accomplished" flight suit all the time.
• Iraq is running out of its own politicians.
• Short campaigns mean less time to be caught in tongue-twisting contradictions.
• Bush can institute his Social Security reforms without carping from elderly voters' lobby or economists — Iraqis may not live long enough anyway.
• It guarantees that the U.S. gets exactly the kind of leadership it wants in Baghdad.
• As a Texan, he'll fit right into a country that has more guns than cars.
• Iraq has a crying need for someone who knows the "awl bidness."
• The climate is more like Texas' than D.C.'s.
• Many Iraqi people also speak English with an accent.
• Unmarried daughters have to live at home and stay out of trouble.
• Thanks to Saddam Hussein's precedent, no problem defying international treaties.
• He could find himself signing a death warrant for Hussein, the guy who "tried to kill my dad."
• No alcohol — no temptation to fall off the wagon.
• No term limits.
• Iraqis love faith-based initiatives.